- Children are a gift from God
- Each child is unique and special in their gifts and talents
- Children learn through play and through interaction with each other
- Children thrive in an environment where they feel safe and loved
- Children should be given the opportunity to make mistakes
- Children need experience making choices
- Children are naturally curious about the world around them
- The developmental process is distinct to each child
- Children should experience the unconditional love of Jesus through our actions and words
Our purpose is to help each individual child develop:
By providing an enriched environment and a caring and supportive Christian staff, we can help children explore and engage with the world around them.
We primarily use The Creative Curriculum, however we also utilize a variety of other resources to help supplement our teaching including the latest research on child development, community resources, and the vast experience and creativity of our teachers. The Creative Curriculum includes developmentally appropriate goals and objectives for children within four main categories of interest: social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language.
All teachers are Christians coming from different denominations and backgrounds. We teach that God loves us all and that we are called to love one another. Monthly Bible verses are taught in the classroom and we pray before snack. Teachers incorporate the verses into their curriculum through stories, play and daily activities. Twice a month, children attend chapel. During this time we meet for a fun, interactive time of song, Bible stories and prayer. This is a low-keyed approach to the teaching of basic faith principles and does not include doctrinal teaching of any kind.