The service team seeks to share the love of God with our community and the world by meeting people where they are and meeting practical needs. To that end, below is a compiled list of opportunities for service and organized it in three different ways. For the most up-to-date information regarding needed items and volunteer opportunities, please visit the organization’s website listed.
Looking for an opportunity to serve?
Knollwood is teaming/partnering with Abiding Presence Food Ministries to serve our local community. The food pantry provides food for local families on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. Recently they have served up to 200 families on a Saturday and need assistance. Volunteers are needed to distribute food on pantry day, two Saturdays each month, as well packing bags during the week.
Distribution: volunteers needed for distribution must be at least 18 years old. The hours are from 7:45am to noon. They have a very big need for Spanish speakers. They currently have no Spanish speakers and some are needed for the upcoming distribution on the April 24t, 2021.
- Food Packing: volunteers needed Monday through Friday, 11:30am-1pm and/or 2:00pm-3:30pm. Middle school aged children (children need to be accompanied by an adult) and older are welcome.
- The food pantry observes all COVID 19 safety protocols.
- Abiding Presence Lutheran Church is located at 6304 Lee Chapel Rd, Burke, VA 22015
- SIGN-UP: To sign up for Saturday, April 24th, contact Glenn Keller. To volunteer after April 24th
- Food Collection: currently working on a Knollwood plan to contribute food etc. Will advise in the near future.
Sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/43074df0eaecaee2-food
There is a tab at the top of the page for “food pantry” and another for “food pantry: packing”.
Please address all questions to Glenn Keller, email@example.com
Please click on each link below to view current service opportunities:
Questions? Contact Knollwood Service Team leader Glenn Keller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: If you are interested in leading an effort involving the congregation, then it would be best to contact either Glenn for assistance in coordinating the event with staff as well as advertising the event on the Knollwood website and in the weekly newsletter.